Monday, July 17, 2006

Three Summer Poems



1) Summer’s Song

Enter July, happily,
Summers here, and fair
Fancy-free, and young heats beat
With lovers everywhere!

Bright and dark eyes, smiles sweet,
Some tears along the way,
But ‘Winter’s gone,’ and
Summer’s here,
Laugh your troubles away.

#1392 7/17/06




2) Summer’s Edge

With you, my thoughts are sweet and dear
And my heart is trouble free, but
I sit and let the seasons by
Looking out my window frame—,
And wonder with my heart stretched thin:
“Is he in Paris again?”

#1393 7/17/06



3) Pretense Friends

They shook my hand, and smiled clear
They spoke with check and brow,
And all I heard was what they said:
“We’re friend forever now!”

And they were playful and mild
Who whispered lies to me back then,
The soul that grows in July,
May never mend again.

So young I was, and unwise
And so many a hearts, they split,
And little did they realize
They were only pretence friends.

Who brought me silly talk in June
Shall meet a bitter end,
For July is nearly over now
And my heart has yet to mend.


#1390 7/17/06 Written at El Parquetito’s in Miraflores, Lima, Peru; if visiting Peru, stop by the café and say hello to Dennis, he is usually there writing something, having a cup of coffee, busy writing over some Lomo Saltado, with a coke. Rosa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home