Saturday, July 29, 2006

Elements of Poetry:


there are many elements in poetry, I’ve written on a few before, I normally do not make it a habit to do so, I’d rather swim in with the piranhas, and let the skeletons do the narrating on what is and is not poetry. But here is how I see a few things, take it with a altering view please, nothing is written in stone here:

Free Verse without fixed meter or rhyme but using formal elements of pattern verse (e.g. assonance, alliteration); it is a popular way to write poetry, everyone who has published contemporary poetry seems to have used it in one way or another.

Suspense in poetry can be created by what is called lines enjambed; that is, a clause or sentence can run over into the following line (I have used it many of times). Thus a kind of mystery is forced, or expressed, emphasized: as used here in the first sentence of my poem, “To Death”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home