Saturday, August 05, 2006

Three Motif poems



A Cage With no Top

I desire a topless cage—,
Trivial as it may seem;
I need it for my compulsions,
To let my winged spirit, fly away
On short excursions, to the blue!

Barring from me this freedom,
Fall as I may, unto my doom.



#1409 [1/5/2006] Dedicated to and inspired by Johannes S., W. Faulkner, Ben S.; written at El Parquetito (Miraflores), Café, Lima, Peru

Note: Small and to the point is the poem, “A Cage with no To,” a cage is where you bar someone from freedom, put more controls, rules on them, in this complex world, and perhaps we need one big cage, people are becoming more predatory, so it seems from forty years ago. Thus, we seek prediction, unchanging days, or days that may change, but slowly does it. A serene life we all seem to seek, or prefer, with small intervals with blemishes not too hard to adjust to; adjustable to Quietude that is; I could name it I suppose. I see my life as a cage I guess, no top to it, and a house with no windows, so no one can look in, in a day and age when everyone wants to.



Clarity for Peace: in War

Peace the world cries, as the two warriors stand behind brush and tree, watching two horses pull a single cannon along a rough empty road, ready and waiting to go, to go find disaster down the road, and bleed.

Note: Dedicated to the Israel and all its soldiers, in this trying war with Lebanon, Iran, and Syria 8/5/2006]



Curtains and Shapes
[Evening shapes]


(Once upon a time:) once untroubled as cows, squirrels, or birds, man had found himself cursed, ignored, reduced to chaos, with boxes of possessions, heavy bags; buildings, now all surrounding him (his once peaceful life)--; once untarnished by grief, he now spends afternoons bellowing about the grave. These men stood quietly looking out their widows, curtain strings by their side—waiting for twilight, looking beyond dissolving evening shapes…! Ready to shut the curtains and try to go to sleep.

#1410 8/5/2006 at EP Café, Peru

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home